Grilled Lobster Tails
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (10 ounce) rock lobster tails
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl, and slowly whisk in olive oil. Whisk in salt, paprika, white pepper, and garlic powder. Split lobster tails lengthwise with a large knife, and brush flesh side of tail with marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place tails, flesh side down, on preheated grill. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, and basting frequently with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Lobster is done when opaque and firm to the touch.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Lobster Tails Steamed in Beer
- 2 whole lobster tail
- 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- In a medium saucepan, over medium to high heat, bring the beer to a boil.
- If lobster tails are still in the shell, split the shell lengthwise first.
- Place a steamer basket on top of the saucepan. place thawed lobster tails in basket and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.