West Coast Rock Lobster/crayfish season 2016-2017
The 2016/17 west coast rock lobster recreational fishing season will open on 26 November 2016 and will close on 17 April 2017. The 2016/17 WCRL recreational fishing effort will be restricted to 21 days and will be split as follow:
OPEN DAYS for Crayfishing:
- 26/11/2016 - 27/11/2016 (2 days)
- 10/12/2016 - 11/12/2016 (2 days)
- 16/12/2016 - 18/12/2016 (3 days)
- 24/12/2016 - 27/12/2016 (4 days)
- 31/12/2016 - 02/01/2017 (3 days)
- 07/01/2017 - 08/01/2017 (2 days)
- 14/01/2017 - 15/01/2017 (2 days)
- 15/04/2017 - 17 04/ 2017 (3 days)
- Only persons over the age of 12 years may obtain from any authorised office, a recreational fishing permit to engage in fishing, collecting, keeping, controlling, landing. Permits are valid for the entire recreational fishing season.
- Transporting of, or to be in possession of not more than four WCRL per day subject to the payment of R94 per permit (R7 application fee and R87 permit fee).
- Crayfish may be caught from 8am and must be landed by 4pm.
- A maximum of 4 West Coast Rock lobsters may be taken per day.
- The bag limit has been set at four west coast rock lobsters per person per day and the size restriction is 80mm carapace length.
- Any west coast rock lobster caught, collected or transported shall be kept in a whole state.
- West coast rock lobster caught with a recreational permit may not be sold by any person.